I have been in love with the incredible portrait work of Sanders McNew for several years now. He is a pure film guy who uses a variety of Rolleiflex cameras to shoot an ongoing study of real women, including his wife Melanie (first photo below). I don't like to use the term real women...obviously all women are real... but McNew's photo study is of everyday working women as opposed to professional models. Check out the link to his work below, and you will get the idea.

Last Night

Research Assistant, New York

Seamstress, Milwaukee

Sanders McNew

2 comments:

tay256 said...

Wandered over from Flickr, hope you don't mind. I enjoy your posts about other artists. I'm quite out of touch with the photographic community and maybe even more so since I can't seem to stop using baby pictures to cope with the fact that he'll be grown one day. Yes, "real women" is a funny term. Reminds me of an attempt by Leonard Nemoy with more variety, creativity, and excellent execution. I wonder if it's changed his personal deealings with these women...

Christopher Paquette said...

welcome here any time Tay.... My youngest is now 19 years old. Enjoy every moment!