While I'm on the subject of books, I am a huge fan of self made and small edition photo books and zine formats. I have been to several independent book fairs and wish I could attend more of them. Internet viewing of these types of publications is troublesome because it is very difficult to get an idea of what an artist book is like just from seeing a photo of its cover, or a couple of page views. Thats why book fairs are so much fun... the tactile experience of seeing and feeling these small art projects. A web site I discovered today makes a really nice bridge that attempts to cross over to that tactile experience via the internet. Antenne Books is a distributor of small edition artist books and their web site features really excellent short videos of every book currently for sale. These little clips are shown from a vantage point as if you were holding the book in your hands and turning the pages yourself. Very nice idea! Check them out...



Antenne Books

No comments: