Family Dynamics

Emmet Gowin

"I realized that my own family was as miraculous as the most distant people in the world and at the same time , the most available to me, and perhaps available only to me.  I had not realized that art could be made by simply telling the story of your own life, of your own experience. I realized that telling my own story, using as subject matter the people I knew and loved, that this automatically involved an intimacy I could not have had in any other way."     Emmet Gowin


Family Dynamics
February 6 - March 4, 2012
The Kiernan Gallery
Lexington, Va


Andi Schreiber, one of the My Own Wilderness competition winners, was selected by juror Henry Horenstein to be included in Family Dynamics, a group show at The Kiernan Gallery in Lexington, Virginia, opening February 6th. 


Andi's selected image in the show is her wonderful image Injected...




Injected  by Andi Schreiber

See the rest of the images in this beautiful exhibit by clicking the link below.


No comments: